Your Support Is Needed!
Legal costs are mounting in the fight to save the historic
J.L. Hudson building!
If you, like those of the Hudson's Building Redevelopment
Committee, are disturbed by the unjust, tragic disappearance of
Detroit's historic and memorable landmarks, specifically the J.L.
Hudson building, you, too, can help.
In an effort to continue their legal battle against the City
of Detroit, the Hudson's Building Redevelopment Committee
encourages financial support of the Lower Woodward Housing
Coalition. Your strong, non-profit financial support and
endorsement of these legal actions against the City of Detroit to
save the J.L. Hudson building are urgently needed, gladly
accepted and most appreciated.
Your contributions will help in a multitude of ways. No matter
what the amount may be, the following list contains a small
sample of how your dollars will help in deferring court costs:
Please make all checks and money orders payable to:
- $12 for faxing 50 press releases
- $25 for xeroxing court documents
- $100 for one hour of legal services from lawyers
- $275 to obtain a legal transcription of Art Papapanos'
(DDA acting president) deposition, wherein he knew
nothing about how the plans for Hudson's demolition came
- $350 to obtain a legal transcription of Larry
Marantette's (GDP president
& DDA boardmember) deposition, wherein he admitted that no
engineering study was done with regards to redevelopment or demolition and
allocating taxpayer money for demolition was done without
bids or estimates
- $375 to obtain a legal transcription of C. Beth DunCombe's (Mayor's sister-in-law and DEGC president)
deposition, wherein she admitted to knowing less than Mr.
- $400 to $500 for display advertisements in the Michigan
Chronicle or Grosse Pointe News requesting support
- $1,000 for preparation and a day in court for one of our
- $2,000 for preparation and a day in court for two of our
The Lower Woodward Housing Coalition
P.O. Box 441484
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support of this worthwhile cause! Detroit's
historic buildings are just that: Historic. Let's preserve
Detroit's history for future generations before it's too late!